Saturday, June 18, 2022
Join Bay Area Ivy alumni to learn more about Mozart’s work before the evening’s featured opera performance, Mozart’s Don Giovanni!
Saturday, June 18th (Performance is at 7:30pm; Pre-performance social is at 6pm)
Please note: In order to attend the Pre-Performance Social, attendees must purchase a ticket to the evening’s performance.
Join fellow Ivy League alumni for a night at the Opera for Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s Don Giovanni. Guests will have the opportunity to socialize with other alumni and learn more from SF Opera’s featured speaker, Cole Thomason-Redus. Thanks to the Columbia Alumni Association’s Northern California chapter for organizing!
About our Featured Speaker
Cole Thomason-Redus is the Educational Content Curator in SF Opera’s Department of Diversity, Equity, and Community and a SF BRAVO! member who will provide an introductory talk about the opera and Mozart’s music.
Things to know
- Please note: In order to attend the Pre-Performance Social, attendees must purchase a ticket to the evening’s performance. Link to purchase ticket is below (confirmation email will provide link to purchase ticket with 30% off code)
Code: ALUMNIDG22 (30% off select seats for Saturday, June 18, 2022)
Link to purchase ticket(s): https://www.sfopera.com/smart-seat-reserve/?itemNumber=6354#/
- All attendees of the evening’s performance are welcome to participate in Pride Night at the Opera festivities, which will occur post-performance. Learn more at https://www.sfopera.com/pride.
6:00-6:45 pm Pre-performance Social begins
6:45-7:05 pm Featured Speaker discusses about the opera and Mozart’s work
7:05-7:10 pm Featured Speakers answers questions
7:10-7:30 pm Attendees are seated before performance begins
7:30 pm Performance begins
- Pre-performance reception location: The pre-performance reception will be held in the North Dress Circle, which is on the courtyard side of the 4th floor of the Opera House.
- Directional signage: There will be Private Event signs at the North Dress Circle area. Ushers throughout the Opera House should be able to direct guests on where to meet if they inquire specifically about the Columbia/Ivy Alumni reception.
- Also, please note that doors open to the public at 6:30pm. Anyone arriving for the reception between 6 and 6:30pm needs to enter through the North Carriage Doors, which are on the courtyard side of the Opera House (the Grove Street or Van Ness Ave entrances will be closed until 6:30pm).