Thursday, August 13, 2020
4:00pm - 5:30pm
We will be hosting a Zoom panel on the current applications of machine learning and how to evaluate ML startups.
We’ve invited panelists who have strong industry backgrounds in ML. They represent diverse perspectives from academia, startup, corporate, and venture capital:
- Our moderator, Tracy Moore ’85, has held many senior executive roles across SaaS, AI, products, services, manufacturing, and distribution businesses. She is currently leading a start-up that measures impairment by leveraging brain science, optical imaging and machine learning. Their initial focus is on detecting cannabis usage for law enforcement.
- Ryan Adams is a Princeton ML professor, famous among students for completely redesigning and drastically improving the Intro to ML course. He was the CEO and co-founder of ML startup Whetlab, which was sold to Twitter. He then worked at Twitter and Google Brain prior to joining the faculty at Princeton.
- Rich Boyle is a GP at Canaan Partners, with a focus on investing in proptech (real estate tech), AI/ML and robotics. Some of his portfolio companies include Apartment List, Mynd, and Climacell. Prior to this, he was the CEO of LoopNet and led the company to a $860 million acquisition.
- Margaret Holen *95 is currently a lecturer at Princeton, launching and teaching a course on the fintech applications of ML and data science. She is a retired Goldman Sachs partner and currently sits on their Investment Committee. She also advises fintech and ML startups.
- Guanchun Wang *11 is the CEO and co-founder of Laiye, a leading company in the RPA and NLP AI chat bot space in China, which has received $81mil of funding. Before that, he founded another startup that was sold to Baidu and worked at Baidu for several years.