Wednesday, March 1, 2023
5:30pm - 8:00pm
555 Mission Street 24th Floor, San Francisco
Princeton Entrepreneurship Council and the Princeton Club of Northern California invite you to join fellow alumni and their guests as PEC’s signature panel discussion series, TigerTalks, returns in-person to San Francisco.
The event will feature several young Princeton founders and their journeys as first-time entrepreneurs. Following the panel discussion and Q&A, mingle with other attendees at a networking reception.
Wednesday, March 1, 2023, 5:30 PM – 8:00 pm PST
- 5:30 – 6:00 pm: Check-in/registration
- 6:00 – 6:10 pm: Welcome
- 6:10 – 7:10 pm: Panel discussion and audience Q&A
- 7:10 – 8:15 pm: Networking reception (food and drink will be served)
Venue: DLA Piper, 555 Mission Street, 24th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105
The panelists are young alumni who each began to pursue their entrepreneurial dreams early in their careers . Each will share their journeys and reflect on ideation, key learnings, their funding experiences, building high-performance teams, establishing a company culture and more.
- Trevor Martin ’11, Co-Founder and CEO, Mammoth Biosciences; designing a CRISPR-based methodology for molecular diagnostics and which raised a Series D $195mm round (at a unicorn valuation) in late 2021.
- Alice Zhang ’10, Co-Founder and CEO, Verge Genomics; pioneering the industry’s most advanced AI-powered drug discovery platform. She closed a $98m Series B round in late 2021 and coincidentally, was featured recently in this PAW cover article.
- Bryton Shang ’12, Founder and CEO, Aquabyte; bringing machine learning and computer vision advances to fish farming/feeding and closed a $25mm Series B round in 2022.
- Lily Shen ’11, Founder and CEO, Dimension; challenging the waste management industry with new technologies and processes and who raised a $8mm seed round in late 2022.
- David Stavens ’02 will moderate the discussion. David has founded two highly successful companies (Udacity in the edtech space and Nines in the medtech space) and has led an entrepreneurial career punctuated by disruptive uses of technology.
Due to venue AV constraints, there will be no livestream option for this event.
PCNC note on COVID-19
If you have cold- or flu-like symptoms and/or have COVID-19, the flu, or other readily transmissible infections, please do not attend this in-person event. We hope you get well soon and will see you at the next event!