Thursday, September 29, 2022 - Sunday, October 2, 2022
Don’t miss the 2022 annual Princeton Sierra Camp alumni retreat at a spectacular location in the Sierra! Hope you can join us! Very limited space remains. If you’re interested in joining, please email Josh Rafner ’77 firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm availability before registering.
Registered users with active PCNC membership (join here) can use the code SIERRACAMP2022 to get $40 off the primary participant ticket.
This very popular event attracts over 150 attendees each year. Princetonians stay at the famed Stanford Sierra Camp on secluded Fallen Leaf Lake near Lake Tahoe. The Camp, which normally has a five-year plus wait list for the popular summer family weeks, offers two and three bedroom private cabins and lodge rooms with views of the lake and surrounding mountains. Delicious meals will be included. You’ll be able to enjoy a range of organized and on-your-own activities, appropriate for any age, including use of a full boat dock, magnificent hikes and mountain biking, swimming, fishing, nearby horseback riding and golf, a beach campfire, crafts, music, and lots of other fun things. It will be a great time to get together and enjoy an incredible weekend with old and new Princeton friends, as much for couples and singles as for families with children.
Our faculty speaker this year will be Zemer Gitai, Edwin Grant Conklin Professor of Biology, Professor of Molecular Biology. Professor Gitai won the NIH Transformative Research Award in 2021. Professor Gitai’s talk will be entitled New Drugs for Superbugs: Novel Solutions to the Antibiotic Crisis.
For questions, contact Josh Rafner ’77 at email@example.com.
We expect to have a program similar to pre-COVID years, but all adult guests will be required to provide proof of vaccination OR a negative test – details regarding this requirement can be expected to evolve.
Registration is now open! Spaces are limited. We have simplified the registration process to now require only a single form to be completed online with payment.
If you find you need to cancel, if we receive your cancellation by September 1 you will receive a refund (minus a $40 admin charge), but thereafter refunds will be made only if the space can be filled. No exceptions!
Many attendees wish they could stay longer than a weekend…so there is an optional Thursday arrival (at additional cost).
There are charming, rustic two- and three-bedroom, one-bath cabins with lake views from private balconies. There are also rooms with private bath in the main lodge, some of which have lake views. Guests may indicate their accommodation preference, which will be honored where possible. Cots and cribs are available. There is a business center with desktop computers and Wi-Fi.
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner each day
- Coffee, tea, decaf and whole fruit available all day
- High speed wireless internet access
- Courtesy transportation to and from South Lake Tahoe to meet the Reno Airport shuttle and the Lake Tahoe Airport on the first and last days
- Social hour with hors d’oeuvres and beverages including assorted beers, sodas and wine
- Soda fountain (items must be purchased separately)
- Use of on-site recreation facilities (weather and other conditions permitting): tennis, volleyball, basketball, horseshoes, Ping-Pong, rowboats, sailboats and kayaks
- Morning kids’ groups for ages 5-12.
- For children under 5, babysitting can be arranged with individual staff members at additional cost.
Delicious food, served family style or buffet, with a selection of wine and beer available for purchase
In addition to do-it-yourself fun, including use of a full boat dock, magnificent hikes and mountain biking, swimming, fishing, nearby horseback riding and golf, crafts, music, there is a program of organized activities including group hikes, a beach campfire with s’mores and a sing along, boatster cruises on the lake and the nighttime astrocruise, yoga, kids’ capture the flag and other games, story hour, disco bingo, a dance party, movie night, wine tasting, and a Princeton faculty member talk. Hanging out in the old lodge by the fire is popular as is late night card games and conversation. There will be lots to do! See the photo gallery from past years’ weekend posted on the PCNC website.
Cost (inclusive of all taxes and gratuities)
For Friday, September 30 arrival (2 nights)
- Single participant $684, PCNC member discounted rate $644 (you can join the PCNC now and recover the $40 price of membership with the member discount!). The spouse/partner/guest rate sharing the same accommodation is $293 per person.
- The child rate, ages 5-12, is $200 per child. The child rate includes supervised activities each morning between breakfast and lunch.
- Toddler rate, ages 3-4: $107 per child (2 and under, free)
For Thursday September 29 arrival (3 nights)
- Single participant $1,026, PCNC member discounted rate $986 (you can join the PCNC now and recover the $40 price of membership with the member discount!). The spouse/partner/guest rate sharing the same accommodation is $440 per person.
- The child rate, ages 5-12, is $300 per child. The child rate includes supervised activities each morning between breakfast and lunch.
- Toddler rate, ages 3-4: $161 per child (2 and under, free)
Bookings are closed for this event.