Friday, September 15, 2023 - Sunday, September 17, 2023
Princeton Sierra Camp 2023
September (Extra) Session
Friday, September 15 – Sunday, September 17, 2023
Fallen Leaf Lake, CA
Due to unprecedented interest in this year’s Princeton Sierra Camp scheduled October 5-8, 2023, which is now fully booked with a lengthy waitlist, a second session has been arranged for the weekend of September 15-17, 2023. Join us for this annual Princeton alumni retreat at a spectacular location in the Sierra!
This very popular event attracts over 150 attendees each year. Princetonians stay at the famed Stanford Sierra Camp on secluded Fallen Leaf Lake near Lake Tahoe. The Camp, which normally has a five-year plus wait list for the popular summer family weeks, offers two- and three-bedroom private cabins and lodge rooms with views of the lake and surrounding mountains. Delicious meals are included. You’ll enjoy a range of organized and on-your-own activities, appropriate for any age, including use of a full boat dock, magnificent hikes and mountain biking, swimming, fishing, nearby horseback riding and golf, a beach campfire, crafts, music, and lots of other fun things. It is a great time to get together and enjoy an incredible weekend with old and new Princeton friends, as much for couples and singles as for families with children.
Our guest speaker will be Wade Crowfoot, California Secretary of Natural Resources. Secretary Crowfoot oversees an agency of over 25,000 employees spread across 26 departments, commissions, and conservancies. His agency is charged with stewarding California’s forests and natural lands, rivers and water supplies, and coast and ocean. It also protects natural places, wildlife and biodiversity, and helps oversee the state’s world-leading clean energy transition. Wade has served as Secretary since 2019 and advises Governor Newsom as a member of his cabinet. His talk should be fascinating!
Further details on our Sierra Camp below. For questions, contact Josh Rafner ’77 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spaces are limited – register early.
If you find you need to cancel, if we receive your cancellation by September 1, you will receive a refund (minus the credit card processing fee), but thereafter refunds will be made only if the space can be filled. No exceptions!
The September Session is two nights, Friday September 15 through Sunday September 17 (no Thursday arrival option).
There are charming, rustic two- and three-bedroom, one-bath cabins with lake views from private balconies. There are also rooms with private bath in the main lodge, some of which have lake views. Guests may indicate their accommodation preference, which will be honored where possible. Cots and cribs are available. There is Wi-Fi available throughout the Lodge and cabins, as well as a business center in the Lodge with desktop computers.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner each day
- Coffee, tea, decaf and whole fruit available all day
- High speed wireless internet access
- Courtesy transportation to and from South Lake Tahoe to meet the Reno Airport shuttle and the Lake Tahoe Airport on the first and last days
- Social hour with hors d’oeuvres and beverages including assorted beers, sodas and wine
- Soda fountain (items must be purchased separately)
- Use of on-site recreation facilities (weather and other conditions permitting): tennis, volleyball, basketball, horseshoes, Ping-Pong, rowboats, sailboats and kayaks
- Morning kids’ groups for ages 5-12
- For children under 5, babysitting can usually be arranged with individual staff members at additional cost.
Delicious food served family style or buffet, with a selection of wine and beer available for purchase. Dietary needs can typically be accommodated.
In addition to do-it-yourself fun, including use of a full boat dock, magnificent hikes and mountain biking, swimming, fishing, nearby horseback riding and golf, crafts, music, there is a program of organized activities including group hikes, a beach campfire with s’mores and a sing along, boatster cruises on the lake and the nighttime astrocruise, yoga, kids’ capture the flag and other games, story hour, disco bingo, a dance party, movie night, wine tasting, and a Princeton faculty member talk. Hanging out in the Old Lodge by the fire is popular as is late night card games and conversation. There will be lots to do! See the photo gallery from past years’ weekend posted on the PCNC website.
Cost (inclusive of all taxes and gratuities)
For Friday September 15 arrival (2 nights):
- Single participant $714, PCNC member discounted rate $674 (you can join the PCNC now and recover the $40 price of membership with the member discount code SIERRACAMP2023).
- The spouse/partner/guest rate (including children ages 13 and above) sharing the same accommodation is $308 per person.
- The child rate, ages 5-12, is $206 per child. The child rate includes supervised activities each morning between breakfast and lunch.
- Toddler rate, ages 3-4: $113 per child (2 and under, free).
Bookings are closed for this event.